Dedicated Central Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorneys
When you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, you suddenly could have to deal with medical bills and lost wages—not to mention the physical and emotional pain and suffering you’re experiencing.
If you need to seek compensation from the individuals or parties responsible, turn to the respected Stevens Point law firm of Lummis, Lloyd & Barkley LLC. We take the time to listen to your needs, concerns and goals, while answering all of your questions as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Don’t hesitate to work with a personal injury lawyer who protects your best interests at every turn.
The sound legal guidance you need after a serious accident
After an accident due to someone else’s negligence, it typically falls on the at-fault party’s insurance company to cover the injury victims’ costs. However, insurance companies often do whatever it takes to minimize the amount of money they have to pay out. It takes a truly skilled attorney to make sure you receive the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys assist with the following:
- Bicycle accident: Bicycles are treated as “vehicles” on Wisconsin Roadways; however, we know that bikes can be particularly vulnerable among actual road vehicles. If you have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, our lawyers can help you receive compensation for your suffering.
- Car accidents: According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, there are more than 100,000 car accidents statewide each year, with about 40,000 people injured in these crashes. Driver error, intoxication, distracted driving and vehicle defects are the most common causes of these auto accidents.
- Dog bites: Wisconsin statutes state that dog owners are strictly liable for any damages resulting in attacks or bites by the dog on another person, domestic animal or property. If you or your loved have suffered injuries from a dog bite, our lawyers can help you recover the damages you deserve.
- Truck accidents: Crashes involving large semi-trucks are particularly dangerous due to the sheer size and weight of the average commercial vehicle. Common factors in these accidents include driver fatigue, distracted driving, poor vehicle maintenance and traveling too fast for conditions.
- Sexual assault and battery: If an individual’s violent behavior has led to injuries to you or a loved one, you may need to hold that person accountable. Our attorneys have experience with personal injury claims stemming from assault and battery.
- Slip and fall: Property owners, including businesses, have a responsibility to keep their premises reasonably safe and secure for customers and guests. Slippery surfaces, broken sidewalks, defective handrails and poorly lit walkways all may lead to serious accidents and injuries.
- Wrongful death: If someone close to you has passed away due to the negligence or irresponsible actions of another party, you and your family members may choose to seek compensation through a wrongful death claim. Our compassionate attorneys guide you through this very difficult process.
Work with a compassionate Stevens Point personal injury attorney
After you or someone close to you has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, reach out to the experienced personal injury lawyers at Lummis, Lloyd & Barkley, LLC. From our offices in Stevens Point, we proudly serve individuals and families in Plover, Whiting, Amherst and the rest of central Wisconsin. For a free initial consultation, call 715-341-3170 or contact us online.